Adam Strachan
Adam Strachan
Adam Strachan
● Adam Strachan, 2007 (SNS)

born in Scotland

Adam Strachan was born on Tuesday, 24th February, 1987, in Glasgow.

The 5' 10 (11st 0lbs) midfielder signed for Gerry Collins's Thistle on Wednesday, 26th November, 2003, having most recently been with Partick Thistle U-16.

Aged 17, he made his debut appearance on Saturday, 24th April, 2004, in a 1-0 defeat at home to Dundee in the Scottish Premier League.

Adam scored his first goal for Thistle on Saturday, 28th January, 2006, in a 1-0 win at home to Forfar Athletic in the SFL Second Division.

He scored the last of his 5 goals on Saturday, 11th August, 2007, in a 3-0 win at home to Livingston in the SFL First Division.

He played his last game for the club on Saturday, 20th October, 2007, in a 1-1 draw at home to Stirling Albion in the SFL First Division, having clocked up 114 appearances as a Jag.

Adam's club-list included Partick Thistle, Ross County, Greenock Morton, Dumbarton, Albion Rovers, Clyde, Stenhousemuir, Arbroath, Clydebank, Irvine Meadow XI, Glenafton Athletic, East Kilbride and BSC Glasgow.

Adam died on Saturday, 9th July, 2022, in Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire, aged 35.

Bio Extra

Strachan was a product of the Partick Thistle youth system, having been signed from Partick Thistle Boys Club. Thought to have a huge future ahead of him, he made his debut as a 17-year-old in an SPL match versus Dundee. In season 2006–07, Strachan was a key player and fans favourite but the following season, due to Stevie Murray playing in his position, Strachan didn't feature in the team regularly enough and was rarely selected to play under Ian McCall.

Strachan left Thistle by mutual consent in December 2007, ending a near four-year stint with the club. Strachan then signed for Ross County on 2 January 2008 and played in 42 matches, scoring eight goals and was a key player during the Dingwall club's time in the Scottish Second and then First Division. After an alleged incident with his girlfriend Strachan was released by the Dingwall club. In July 2009, Strachan went on trial with First Division club Greenock Morton. Strachan made his first appearance as a substitute in Austria, scoring the Inverclyde club's consolation goal in a 6–1 defeat by Slovakia champions Slovan Bratislava.

In September 2009, Strachan signed for Third Division champions Dumbarton. After just two matches for Sons, Strachan was loaned to fellow Third Division club Albion Rovers. After being released by Dumbarton, Strachan signed for Clyde on a free transfer in January 2010. After impressing as a trialist, Strachan signed for Arbroath on 25 February 2011 until the end of that season. After agreeing in principle to extend his contract with the Red Lichties, Strachan changed his mind after a summer holiday.

Strachan then played a couple of trial matches for Junior club Clydebank and later signed a short-term deal with the Bankies. In December 2012, Strachan was jailed for 12 months for possession of knives in the area of Maryhill in Glasgow. Strachan had previously avoided jail for an alleged assault on his girlfriend.

Strachan returned to the Bankies following his release from prison in 2013. Before joining Irvine Meadow later that season, Strachan was caught with 28 grams of heroin when police searched his friend's flat in Maryhill in Glasgow and plead guilty to the charge in February 2014. Strachan was subsequently released by Clydebank and returned to prison in March 2014. He was released after 10 months' imprisonment and joined Glenafton Athletic in July 2014. Strachan then signed for East Kilbride in June 2015. Strachan moved to Lowland League rivals BSC Glasgow in 2018. During a league game against Whitehill Welfare, Strachan suffered a horrific ankle injury that marked the end of his playing career.


© The Thistle Archive 2015-2024. All rights reserved. Third-party trademarks and content are the property of their respective owners, and subject to their own copyright terms and conditions. See the website links provided in each case.